Monday, September 29, 2008

I just have to take a break from writing my handout for tomorrow night's class! No, it is not these wrapped bead earrings pictured above. These earrings were done this weekend along with other pairs that you may see posted this week...Back to tomorrow night's class--I designed a new snowflake for September and I have been working on re-creating the design and writing directions all evening since I got home from work. I much rather create a new design with each snowflake than try to reproduce the same thing over and over again. But alas, I must write my handout and stitch the various steps in order to come up with the very same design every time I write and test it again and again. I don't think most people realize how much time it takes to prepare, write, re-write, test and re-test a design. So many variables; for example the beads themselves may vary slightly due to finishes and or weight...the threads are many times tested to see what beading medium is the best to use for the project, the thread tension is tested to see what gives the best effect...etc. etc... Well, I best get back to the snowflake-I have a full class tomorrow- and I have, as Robert Frost would say in his poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening", "....miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

No comments: