Monday, June 22, 2009

This is my new "Bottle Cap 6-Pack" bracelet. It was so fun to make and will be offered for the first time ever this July at Bead Haven in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I have had this idea rolling around in my head for a long time and I am finally pleased with the results after much experimenting (and ruining quite a few bottle caps)! The bracelet is inexpensive to make since you supply your own favorite bottle caps. So bring your 6-pack (bottle caps that is), get hammered (use our hammer and tools) and join in the fun creating with your favorite beverage bottle caps! Thanks Matt and Sara, for saving the great bottle caps. (Blue Moon is still my favorite bottle cap and beer.)
Wouldn't old vintage soda pop bottle caps be cool to use? So many possibilities...how about a necklace...12-pack?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a "cleaver narrative" to explaining your bracelet. And what a unique collection of caps. This bracelet is a definite "take this class." I wish I lived closer so I could take this one.

Jeanne Craine said...

Thank you so much-where do you live? Jeanne

Sara said...

Jeanne, this looks awesome! I was wondering what you were going to make with all those caps, especially with their rough edges. This is so fun!

Jeanne Craine said...

Thanks Sara!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, I think this is a great idea, love seeing the various jewelry work lately, Shirlee