Monday, March 26, 2007

Freeform Embroidered Cuff...

This is a bead embroidered cuff that I recently made. A metal bracelet blank is sandwiched between the embroidered top and the Ultra-suede bottom. A decorative edging is done with Miyuki size 11 beads. The top has assorted cabochons of dichroic glass which are beveled in peyote stitch. (Click on the above photo to gaze into the beauty of the dichroic glass and see greater detail.) I also incorporated Czech faceted glass, Japanese drop beads and assorted sizes of Miyuki seed beads. I love doing the freeform pieces because I never know for sure how the bead arrangement will evolve and where the design will take me...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Looks good. I really enjoy using the dichro cabs. I had my friend make a bunch for me to buy and then I haven't gotten to play yet.

TanyaMcGuire said...

Jeanne it so looks like a refreshing pond like setting, some place to dream in durring the next few months when we have way too much heat.