Friday, March 9, 2007

What a Freeform Delight...

Yesterday I traveled to Bettendorf, Iowa to teach a class in Freeform Peyote. The class took place at Your Design, Ltd - a delightful and fun bead store located in Cumberland Square. The gals did such an impressive job developing their Freeforms! It was so great seeing what the gals did - I was impressed...and they were so much fun! Below you will find pictures I took of each person's beautiful work. (Click on the pictures to see closer detail.) Here is Marla, Chere, Cindyann, and Janice....

5 comments:

Mary said...

Jeanne, What "thread" do you use the most? Especially on the freeform. Mary

Jeanne Craine said...

Hi Mary, I use size D Nymo, but from the large spool. As I understand, from one of Diane Fitzgerald's books, the spool thread is slightly heavier, stronger and is bonded tighter... Spool Nymo is used for the leather industry for sewing shoes,purses and belts-the spool thread is used on the top of the sewing machine and the bobbins go into the bobbin well... I also like it because I use so much of it and it doesn't have the "kinks" like bobbin Nymo. Everyone has their favorite - what kind do you like?

Mary said...

I tend to use Fireline almost exclusively. I am so happy they finally came out with Crystal fireline. It looks so much prettier in the crystals than the Smoke color did. Okay, another question--do you have to use Thread Heaven or some other product to condition Nymo? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the great class. It was a lot of fun.

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Looks like a really fun class. Sorry I missed it.